Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can the candidates work for 2 years under university authorization? Click here for complete information.
2. Can our company retain candidates for longer than 2 years? Yes, employment may continue in either, or both, of the following two ways beyond the initial two years:
3. How much processing time before a candidate can start working? All processing is handled by the university and is completed within 2-3 days.
4. What are our candidate's qualifications?
5. Can we contact candidates directly? Yes, you can contact and hire all candidates directly.
6. Do you really charge no fees of any kind? As a nonprofit university-funded service organization, we charge no fees to employers or candidates.
7. Are the candidates willing to relocate? Yes, on very short notice.
8. Which companies have hired your candidates? Click here for a list of over 1,000 companies who have hired our candidates.
9. What is the difference between CPT (Curricular Practical Training) and OPT (Optional Practical Training)?
Our candidates qualify for CPT. It is a required part of their full-time student status.
Students qualify for 2 years of CPT because they are also completing credits via Distance Education.
Employment authorization is issued immediately upon receiving a confirmed offer of employment.
The immigration document allowing employment is the updated page 3 of the
I-20 showing the employers name and the start date of employment.
|Email addresses of our office staff||Office phone numbers|
|General email@example.com||Fax: 641-470-1346|
Computer Professionals Career Center
Dept. of Computer Science
Maharishi University of Management
1000 North 4th St.
Fairfield, IA 52557